Holosun is a leading optics company with multiple options for combat. No matter which one you choose, you are bound to be satisfied. However, we often hear about 2 optics – 507k and 407k.
Holosun 507k Vs 407k
Our readers are often confused and keep asking us which one they should go for. So, we decided to dedicate an article to a detailed comparison to highlight the differences.
Holosun 507k Vs 407k – The Specifications
We shall gloss over some important aspects such as durability, price, battery life, etc. to make comparing easy for you.
We shall begin with the Holosun 507k, which is known for its toughness and reliability among other things. Its features are as follows:
- It is made of 7075 T6 aluminum, which is extremely tough and lightweight at the same time.
- The optic also has an anodized finish for added durability because it stays protected from the elements.
- It is partially waterproof, which means that it will resist water for about 30 minutes or 1 meter depth.
- The clarity of its lens is outstanding and it has a Multiple Reticle System that gives 3 different reticle options to choose from
- 2 MOA dot
- 2 MOA dot with a 32 MOA ring
- 32 MOA ring without the dot
- It uses the CR1632 battery that can stay with you for up to 50,000 hours.
- The Holosun 507k also has an additional feature known as the Shake Awake Feature, which saves battery life by turning off when not in use and waking up when moved.
- It has a Lock Mode that is more of a safety setting. Very useful, according to us.
- With the optic, you will receive some accessories such as a lens cloth, the battery, and additional tools.
Holosun 407k is also known to be highly durable, giving close competition to 507k. Let’s go through its features now:
- This optic is also made of 7075 T6 aluminum. It also has an anodized finish to stay protected in different weather conditions.
- It is quite lightweight.
- It can withstand rain and water for quite some time.
- The Holosun 407k has a fixed MOA dot reticle, unlike the 507k, which gives you options.
- When it comes to lens clarity, even though 407k is quite good, it could have been better.
- The size of Holosun 407k is almost the same as 507k.
- It also uses the CR1632 battery with similar battery life. The battery is very easy to replace.
- Its Shake Awake Feature helps save battery when not in use.
- It has a Lock Mode as well.
- The accessories that you will receive with this optic are pretty much the same – battery tray tool, a lens cloth, and the battery tray itself.
Holosun 507k And 407k – The Differences
Since both these optics are from Holosun, the main features are pretty much the same. They are equally reliable, tough, and easy to use. There are just a few differences such as the reticle and lens clarity. In these two aspects, Holosun 507k is the winner. However, if you are price conscious, you should go with 407k because the prior is slightly on the expensive side.
No matter which one you go for, though, you will be happy. That is something we know for sure!