A handgun is important for various reasons including home security and self-defense. In these difficult times, it is always good to know that you have something to protect yourself if the need arises.
When it comes to handguns, Glock is a famous name. It is famous for providing multiple good features in its firearms such as a good fire mechanism and an easy-to-use design. However, within Glock, there are some handguns that you can get confused about. Today, we shall compare two of them.
Glock 23 vs 27 – the similarities
They are both highly reliable and come with a great safety system. They also have a few similar specifications such as:
- Action: Semi-automatic
- Caliber: .40 Smith & Wesson
- Polymer grip
- Fixed sights
- Trigger pull: 28 N
- Width: 1.26 inches
Glock 23 vs 27 – the differences
These firearms have a few specific differences that will help you determine which the best one is for you. Let’s take a look:
- It is a mid-size gun that can hold 13+1 rounds
- Its range is approximately 50 meters, which is quite long
- Its recoil absorption is very good
- The muzzle flip is minimal
- When compared to Glock 23, this is a very small gun.
- It is lightweight and has good concealability.
- It can hold fewer bullet rounds – 9+1.
- The length of the grip and the barrel are quite small too.
- Its range is less than Glock 23 at 35 meters.
Glock 23 vs 27 – Which one to pick?
Here comes the real question. They both look spectacular on paper but that doesn’t mean you buy both, right? There can only be one winner and that depends on what you want. For example, Glock 27 is better for concealment while 23 has excellent range. It is also accurate. 27 is perfect for those who like portability because it is smaller. But, if you shoot often and would like more rounds, 23 is the answer for you without a doubt.
People also ask
1) Is Glock 27 a good concealed gun?
Yes, it is.
2) Is Glock 27 small?
It comes under the sub-compact or mini category. So, yes, it is small.
3) Is a .40 good for self-defense?
Yes, it is good for self-defense.
4) Which Glock .40 is the best?
Both 23 and 27 are good choices.
5) Is the Glock 23 discontinued?
Yes, the Glock 23 Gen 3 is discontinued.
Both, Glock 23 and 27 come with their pros and cons. What’s ideal for one person may not be ideal for another. That is why we advise that you check the features without bias assess your requirements. Then, you will know which one’s better for you.