Burris AR-332 vs Vortex Spitfire – Comparing The Best
The world of rifle scopes is very wide. The market is overloaded with models that are bound to attract you but time and again, 2 names will stand out: Burris Air-332 and Vortex Spitfire. Both these scopes come under the affordable category but they are powerhouses that you cannot ignore.
In this article, we shall compare their features and specifications to help you figure out which one you should choose. Read on!
Burris AR-332 vs Vortex Spitfire – The Features
1. Burris AR-332
Burris Optics is a popular company not for high-end products but for scopes that do the trick without hurting your pocket. They have excellent features and the company offers fast & proactive customer service. This is why Burris is a noted brand. The features of Burris AR-332 are as follows:
- It has been designed for close quarter engagement and the scope does its job wonderfully. It is useful in military and law enforcement. Competitive shooters also like choosing this scope.
- There are 2 reticles – Ballistic 3X and Ballistic CQ. You can also choose illumination – red and green. Every color allows 5 levels of illumination.
- You can enjoy a magnification of 3X with this rifle scope.
- The eye relief is 2.5 inches while the objective lens diameter is 32mm.
- It is parallax-free.
- The scope is filled with nitrogen to eliminate the chances of fogging.
- The coating on the lens is hi-lume, which maximizes light transmission.
- It has a Picatinny rail mount.
- The reticle is etched, which allows the rifle to keep working even when the battery needs replacement.
- The overall length is 5.3 inches.
- The elevation and windage adjustment are both 80 MOA.
2. Vortex Spitfire
Now, when you look at Vortex you will see that they did a great job with introducing affordable scopes. Before that, scopes were quite expensive and finding one that was good and affordable at the same time was a challenge. It is thanks to Vortex that we now have a niche that’s accessible and easy to purchase. Let’s take a closer look at the Vortex Spitfire scope’s features:
- This particular scope works well for long-range and short-range shooting. You can take out targets up to a range of 500 yards without a problem.
- It offers an illuminated reticle (red or green) and a multi-height Picatinny system.
- Its parallax setting is 100 yards.
- The Vortex Spitfire also has an etched reticle, which you can use when the batteries stop working.
- Light transmission and protection of the lens are taken care of with a multi-coated lens.
- There are 10 brightness settings to choose from.
- The maximum elevation and windage adjustment are both 120 MOA.
- The eye relief is around 2.8 inches while the magnification is 3X.
- The battery life is 250 hours if you use the most advanced settings. On the lowest settings, the scope will last for 3000 hours.
- Its overall length is 5.5 inches.
Burris AR-332 vs Vortex Spitfire – The Differences
Let’s break down the differences into categories for easy understanding:
- Eye relief: There’s a slight difference in this area because Burris offers a 0.3-inch more eye relief.
- Field of view: Burris takes this round as well because it offers a 6-inch wider field of view.
- Reticles: Both scopes come with good features in terms of reticles but Vortex allows more adjustments. So, we can give the edge to Vortex in this case.
- Elevation and windage: In the features, you may have noticed a significant difference in this category. While Spitfire offers more adjustments, you should understand that you may not need them. They are handy only in extreme weather conditions.
Burris AR-332 vs Vortex Spitfire – The Verdict
If you go through all the details we mentioned here, you will understand that the differences are only slight and both the scopes are quite amazing. You shouldn’t turn your back on either.
Depending on the features that you prefer, you can choose between Burris and Spitfire. Our vote goes to Burris for the sole reason that it fits what we want in a scope. Your preferences may be completely different. So, due diligence is always necessary.
Now that you have a complete insight into Burris AR-332 and Vortex Spitfire, which one are you going to pick? We would love to know.