Hunting is a sport of great precision and focus. Sometimes, the right aim is not enough. You need more. This is where rifle rests come into the picture. A rifle rest can help you improve your shooting skills by enhancing accuracy. It is usually made of steel and is very sturdy.
In this article, we will cover the various things you should keep in mind while purchasing a rifle rest as well as some of the best options the market has to offer at the moment.
Best Rifle Rest For Benchrest Shooting – Buyer’s Guide
Just like every other product, there are certain features in rifle rests that will help you determine whether the product you like is good enough. While choosing a rifle rest, these are the features you should look for:
- The type of rifle rest: You have traditional rests and lead sleds. The traditional ones are lightweight and can be pods, tables, or supports. However, these are not the best choice for rifles or shotguns. The lead sled, on the other hand, is robust and innovative. It provides the necessary support even to large caliber weapons such as rifles.
- Front rest: You might need a front rest if you need more mobility. Amateurs often look for rifle rests with a front rest for support.
- Weight: This is a matter of personal preference. If portability is your priority, you should look for lightweight options. If you are looking at performance, a heavier rifle rest is preferable.
- Assembly: Make sure you buy a rifle rest that is easy to fit. Assembly can be difficult, especially for the first time. That is why you should go through the instructions carefully.
Best Rifle Rest For Benchrest Shooting – Editor’s Choice
Now, we shall take a look at some of the best rifle rests in 2022. Our experts have worked hard to shortlist these products and we sure hope you like them.
1. BenchMaster Perfect Shot Shooting Rest
The first rifle rest on our list is the ambidextrous BenchMaster rest that is suitable for outdoor shooting range. Its features are as follows:
- It is completely made of metal – powder coated steel.
- It can withstand outdoor conditions very well and provides excellent stability.
- It is easily portable and weighs only 5 pounds.
- The rifle rest extends from 17 inches to 29 inches. Its height is adjustable as well.
- The rest offers superior adjustability. It has micro-adjustment knobs and a rubberized front grip to improve accuracy.
- The manufacturers provide a lifetime warranty.
2. Caldwell Lead Sled DFT 2 Rifle Shooting Rest
Caldwell is an extremely popular brand of shooting rests. It has a few exemplary options with unbeatable features. One such option is the DFT 2 rest. Its details are as follows:
- This rest is also ambidextrous, and it has an adjustable body.
- Its dual-frame design makes it more efficient because it disperses more energy from the coil.
- The rest allows 18 inches of adjustment to fit different sizes of shotguns and rifles.
- It comes with a baffled tray to keep the shot bags in the right place.
- Elevation adjustment with this rest is around 2.5 inches.
- The rear pad works on advanced non-marring technology that eliminates shock.
3. Primos Group Therapy Bench Anchor Adjustable Shooting Rest
The Primos Group Shooting Rest is a great option for all shooters. The sturdy product comes with an accessory tray, a front shooting bag, and the following features:
- It has a soft grip that easily adjusts fine and coarse elevation.
- It allows an elevation adjustment of around 2 inches.
- The rest has a butt plate guard that cancels any and all recoil.
- The entire rest is made of steel. It also has studded feet to ensure excellent grip.
- It has been designed to give you accuracy and comfort.
- The rifle rest is portable and lightweight.
4. Caldwell Steady Rest NXT Adjustable Ambidextrous Rest
Here’s another Caldwell product that is suitable for target shooting, firearms, and shot stabilization. It is one of the more affordable and reliable options out there. Here’s why we say so:
- It allows a vertical cradle adjustment of 3 inches.
- The rest has a soft front cradle and a hand support made of neoprene. Both these features contribute to durability and comfort.
- It has been made to withstand the elements. It is rugged and non-destructive.
- Its adjustment knobs are easy to use and conveniently placed, enabling you to make adjustments without delays.
- You can change the length of the rest by connecting or disconnecting sections, thereby using it with long rifles, pistols, or shotguns.
5. BOG Rapid Shooting Rest
The last one on our list is one of our favorites. It is made of aluminum and is highly durable. It also comes with a lightweight tripod and the features below:
- It allows height adjustment from 7 to 10 inches.
- This is a universal shooting rest for the outdoors and hunting.
- The tripod has a twist lock that can adjust elevation very easily.
- Its head can rotate 360 degrees and is compatible with various accessories.
- Even though it is lightweight, the rest is heavy-duty can endure heavy usage.
- The feet have non-marring rubber traction for superior stability.
- The manufacturers offer a 1-year limited warranty.
Without a good rifle rest, benchrest shooting can be a challenge. Accuracy is a huge factor in these cases and a rifle rest helps with that. Make sure you check all the parameters before deciding which one to buy. If you need any additional help, we are always here for you.