A scope mount comes with an array of positives that we cannot ignore. It supports the scope and ensures that you don’t lose zero even after prolonged usage. Mounts enable scopes to handle continuous shocks as well.
Best Remington 870 Scope Mount
There are 2 popular types of mounts on the market today – ring-shaped and flat-surfaced. The ring-shaped mounts are more affordable and easy to use. They have been used for decades. Flat-surfaced mounts are relatively new and have a simpler design. What you choose depends on the scope and your personal preference. They both serve the same purpose.
Since there are variations in mounts, you have to be mindful of compatibility. Not all available products will be compatible with your Remington 870 scope. Now, if you are confused and do not know which one to pick, you have come to the right place.
Our experts have hand-picked these mounts to help you make a decision after a detailed comparison. We urge you to go through them all before purchasing.
1. Hammers Shotgun Scope Saddle Mount for 12GA 870
The first one on our list is from Hammers – a very reliable and renowned brand. This particular mount has slotted side walls and a host of features such as the following:
- The side walls are designed to reduce the overall weight of the mount.
- The entire mount is made of aluminum alloy and it is one solid piece.
- The Picatinny rail with a 6-inch length and 14 ring slots gives you excellent optic placement options.
- The tunnel is see-through, giving you the leeway to use front-bead sight if required.
- You can install this mount yourself without the need for a gunsmith.
2. Weaver Multi-Slot Remington 870/11-87 Super-Mag
Weaver Multi-Slot is a base mount that’s best suited for Remington 870 scopes. Its design is very simple and it has multiple slots for eye relief. Here are a few more things that you should know about it:
- It is made of aluminum with a matte black finish.
- The mount has been machined for better tolerance and ideal fit.
- It has multiple different slots through its length to ensure that there’s enough eye relief.
- It is a strong mount that is strong and able to hold rings with ease.
- You can use this mount on Remington 870 as well as 11-87 Super-Mag shotguns.
3. Hammers Shotgun Scope Saddle Mount – 12GA Remington 870
Here’s another recommendation from Hammers. This one’s a great saddle mount that is suitable for tactical shotguns, turkey hunting, and slug shooting. Its features are as follows:
- It has been designed to fit the existing pin ports without the need for special tools. This means that you can install it by yourself.
- It has a one-piece design that can straddle the receiver on each side. This saddle style makes it very user-friendly.
- The Picatinny rail has 14 ring slots and measures 6 inches.
- The entire mount is made of machined aluminum alloy that has a non-glare matte finish.
- It works with all full-size scopes that have standard Picatinny rings.
4. MAGPUL – Remington 870 SGA Sling Mount
The Magpul sling mount for Remington 870 is made out of steel. It is also one of the finer choices thanks to its reliability. Read on for more details:
- The steel mount is coated with Melonite, which contributes to wear resistance and extra strength.
- All the hardware you will need for mounting is included in the package.
- The body has a matte black finish.
- It can withstand harsh climates with relative ease.
- The mount can be installed between the SGA and the receiver.
5. MAGPUL – Forward Sling Mount Mossberg 500/590 and Remington 870
The last one on our list is another MAGPUL mount. It is a forward sling mount that clamps on to the Remington 870 perfectly. We have highlighted more of its features below:
- It is made of precision cast steel with Melonite, which provides resistance to corrosion and wear & tear.
- The mount can be installed between the magazine tube and the barrel.
- It is suitable for hunting, tactical shooting, competitive shooting, and target practice.
- Adjustments and installation are quite easy.
- It comes with self-adhesive silicone pads for protection.
A good mount will do wonders to your shooting experience, making sure that you get the target right and do not lose zero. All the options we provided will help you with this. All that’s left for you to do now is finalize the mount you want to buy and then buy it. All the best!