Choosing the best reloading dies for your rifle, which is equipped with a 6.5 Creedmoor, is let’s just say, not an easy task. It depends from shooter to shooter as everyone uses their rifle for different purposes, be it as specific as a game day or hunting in general.
What is reloading dies, and why is it important?
Let’s start with the very basic yet important question first. Reloading dies is a crucial device of all the others that you have to purchase for precise shooting. It is one of the essential supplies that’ll give you the option of a tailor-make and superior shooting experience. These are used for several reasons, such as resizing or enlarging the bullet case mouth.
If you’re new in the world of gunsmithing, then this article will help you out in your search for some of the best reloading dies that you should purchase for your 6.5 Creedmoor. Read ahead to know more about these products.
Best Reloading Dies for 6.5 Creedmoor
1. Forster Ultra Micrometer Seater Die
Forster is a brand famous for making various popular precision loading, reloading and gunsmithing tools in the world for more than 80 years.
Ratings: 4.9/5 stars
- This innovative and calibre-specific die chamber supports the entire outside diameter of the sized case, which is a unique quality as other dies only support the case rim.
- It features a handy micrometre, which will allow you to fine-tune in either direction and is easily adjustable to 0.0005”.
- Its non-crimping style gives perfect accuracy, consistency, and exemplary alignment.
- The seating stems that are supplied possess enough clearance that allows any bullet to be seated off the ogive and not the tip.
- It is compatible with special bullets as well, such as very law frag (VLD) bullets perfect for 6.5.
2. Redding 6.5 Creedmoor
Redding provides its customers with contemporary reloading devices that are American-made products of the finest and high quality.
Rating: 5/5 stars
- This 2 die set maintains the precise control of the case neck while full-length sizing.
- It provides the rifle with concentricity and neck tension control, which are both excellent features to look for in a die.
- Redding also provides a 100% lifetime warranty, which gives the customers a strong deal of quality assurance.
- It is ideal for a 6.5 Creedmoor.
3. RCBS 6.5 Creedmoor Die Set
RCBS has been in the gunsmithing business for over 75 years, and it is renowned for its exemplary reloading dies and other products.
Ratings: 4.8/5 stars
- The AR series are made using the highest quality materials, which ensure sturdiness.
- The small base die and taper crimp both are together in one set.
- The best reloading dies like this one from RCBS will disappoint you, neither in accuracy nor in quality and performance.
- RCBS has the best small base resizing for semi-automatic rifles and assures that your reloaded rifle brass is resized to factory specs.
- It features accurate crimp seating and is perfectly beginner-friendly, which makes the process simpler.
4. Lee Preciesion Die Set
Lee is familiarly known for its beginner-friendly dies, making reloading much easier for the ones who are just learning to shoot. Their products are incredibly highly rated and precise.
Ratings: 4.8/5 stars
- It comes in a 4 die set with a full-length-resizing die that returns the brass to the factory with new dimensions.
- It has dead length bullet seating dies that foolproof the bullet seating adjustment and assures a perfect seating depth every time.
- The factory crimp also has a secure crimp on bullets whether used with or without a crimp groove.
- It helps in maintaining accuracy by providing a higher start pressure.
- It gives a finished cartridge factory-like look, accuracy, and dependability.
- It comes in a complete set of shell holders, powder measure, and Lee load data ideal for 6.5 Creedmoor.
- It also features many common brands of powder-based easy-to-read format.
- This set includes a full length-sizer, collet neck sizer, easy-adjust dead length bulleting die, factory crimp die, storage case, and a powder dipper.
5. Hornady New Dimension
Hornady is a leading manufacturer of bullet, ammunition, reloading tools, and accessory design. They are known for their accurate, deadly, and dependable products.
Ratings: 4.6/5 stars
- This 2-die set is made to provide the ultra-precision
- It shows a match-winning performance by experienced shooters.
- The Match Frade Dies feature self-centring and interchangeable neck sizing bushings, which are held to strict tolerances for superior accuracy and quality.
- This die set has a full-length sizing die that helps in reducing friction and stress on the neck of your 6.5 Creedmoor, and seating with a roll crimp.
What to look for which buying reloading dies?
When purchasing reloading dies for your rifle with a 6.5 Creedmoor, there are several points to keep in mind.
Make sure that the dies that you choose to buy come with precise increments so that the shape of all the bullets can be identical to the previous one.
The brand you choose to buy from also plays a part in getting accurate and precise shooting results. It is always best to go with a brand that is reliable and trusted by many.
Another thing to look for is picking the accurate size. They come in different sizes, so it becomes important to choose the one which will fit the whole neck case.
Which one is the best of all?
In our opinion, the best of the products mentioned above is the Forster Ultra Micrometer Seater Die. It is one of the most highly recommended reloadings in the market with great consumer reviews. Its handy micrometre fixes the bullet seating depth based on your specifications.