You can’t make the most out of your revolver if you do not have the right grip. So, we suggest that you take as much time to find the perfect one.
The right grip for you will depend on various factors such as the model of revolver you have and the comfort level you require. Since there are so many different options out there, you might get confused. Below are a few things you should keep in mind to get clarity:
Choosing the best grips for S&W 642
- Specifications: These must match the specifications of your revolver and what you look to purchase.
- Features: Of course, it should have superior features such as a smooth texture, full-hand grip, etc.
- Brand value: We always recommend that you stick to the most popular brands because their products are tried and tested.
- Reviews: Even the best brand may have sub-par products and in order to avoid buying those, going through reviews is crucial. Customer reviews on Amazon will give you a clear insight into the product you like.
- Reliability: If you can find grips that are backed by a guarantee, you should definitely shortlist them.
Best Grips For S&W 642
Our experts got together to help you find the best grips without wasting too much time. That’s why they did the homework and curated this list for you. Read on to see what made the list!
1. Pachmayr S&W 642 J Frame Grips
This is an aesthetic grip for S&W revolvers with a nice checkering pattern. It is a polished laminate wood and it comes with the following features:
- The grip works to improve appurtenance as well as function.
- It is suitable for all frames with a round butt.
- It has a smooth texture that makes it easy to handle.
- It fits the frame perfectly and does not move at all.
- Installation does not take very long.
2. Pachmayr 63000 S&W J Frame Grips
The 63000 S&W J frame is yet another good option from Pachmayr. It is one of our favorites for round butt revolvers for the following reasons:
- It is made out of high quality laminate. It also has a mirror finish.
- The grip has a checkered pattern and the color is rosewood.
- With this, you will get a full-hand grip for better control. The difference is easily noticeable.
- The checkering patterns are derived from CNC cutting, making them precise and secure.
- The grip looks great and serves its function really well.
3. Hogue Hunting Grip S&W 642 J Frame
This is a rubber, monogrip suitable for round bottom frames. The grip is one of the best choices from the Hogue catalog for the following reasons:
- It has a cobblestone texture that provides better grip.
- It is completely non-slip and does not cause any sort of irritation either.
- The grip is made out of rubber.
- It is easy to install and fits snugly.
- The grip angle is quite good.
4. Pachmayr American Legend Grip
Designed specifically for the J, N, and K&L frames, this particular product from Pachmayr will suit your needs well. Here’s why we say so:
- The grip has excellent contours to distribute the recoil properly.
- It has a wrap-around rubber panel for tighter tolerance.
- You have the option of choosing from charcoal and rosewood laminates based on your aesthetic preferences.
- This is a solid grip that is sure to last you a long time.
- It is pretty easy to install.
5. Hogue S&W 642 J Frame Round Butt Grip
These Hogue grips are aesthetic and pleasing. Alongside, they are highly functional and serve the purpose very well. Here’s why we think you should consider them:
- These are high-strength grips made from G-10 composite.
- They are extremely durable and strong, promising to last a very long time.
- The grips are thin and have a low profile.
- They are also very comfortable and easy to handle. They improve control at the same time.
- These grips have been designed for the J frame only.
Believe it or not, choosing grips for Smith and Wesson is a sensitive decision that you should pay close attention to. The grip will determine how comfortable you are with your gun and how well you can control it. Any mistakes here can ruin your entire experience. It can also cause unnecessary bruises. So, we urge you to take the decision mindfully after creating a checklist and crossing all the Ts. This guide will help you immensely but if you still have doubts, please feel free to get in touch with us.