Snap caps or dummy cartridges are among the most interesting products there are. Why? Because of their usage. They are used in dry firing, to feel the pressure when you pull the trigger, and to get the hang of loading the weapon. In other words, they enable you to master gun firing without risking anything. You can practice with them until you are confident and then load the actual cartridges. How good is that?
Now, even though their working is simple, you have to be careful while making a purchase because there are quite a few options in the market. The right choice for you depends on the type of gun and Gunsmithing kit you have, mostly, among other things. If you are reading this, we know you have this covered, and you want specific details about the best 9mm snap caps today. Well, we are going to help with that, exactly. Let’s begin:
Buying Guide for 9mm snap caps
Before referring to the detailed review of the products, we will give a short and effective buying guide. Not every snap cap will be compatible with your gun. The below products are different, and each one has their USPs. This will help you choose your perfect fit. So let’s get started!
Material: The snap caps are available in different materials like brass, plastic, aluminum, and others. Now, if you choose plastic, then your snap cap will be lightweight, doesn’t chip, it will retain the shape, and is very easy to use. If you choose an aluminum snap cap, you will notice the looks will be similar like real ones. So, here I will mention and suggest you to buy plastic or aluminum 9mm snap caps.
Compatibility: The compatibility of snap caps may vary even though they tend to be a perfect fit for 9mm. Now to make sure that you have an ideal 9mm snap cap then you must opt for products with easy return and exchange policies. You must try the dummy cartridges and then choose the perfect fit.
Durability: Another great point that you shouldn’t neglect is durability. If you have a plastic or aluminum snap cap, then the durability increases. These bullets won’t destroy easily and serve the purpose as well.
Primer Type: Primer type is a type of snap cap that plays a very crucial role. Softer the premier type means softer the impact of a gun’s strike. Choose the primer that is durable and gives more dry firing rounds.
Keep reading the deatiled review below and choose the Best 9mm snap caps.
Best 9mm Snap Caps
1. A-Zoom Action Proving Dummy Round, Snap Cap
It wouldn’t be wrong to say that there are very few snap caps more popular than the A-Zoom ones. Premium quality, versatility, and reliability are just a few of their enticing features. Don’t believe it? Keep reading for details:
- They are almost like real ammunition but better because they make no noise.
- You can fire thousands of blanks with no worries of damage at all.
- They are the best choices not just for practice but also for testing, storage, and training.
- Each pack has 5 snap caps made up of hard anodized aluminum. However, they do not damage feed ramps at all.
- Several users say that their snap caps from A-Zoom have lasted for years without visible wear and tear. That’s quite commendable.
2. B-Unique Enterprises, Inc. B’s Dry Fire Snap Caps
This 10-pack of dry fire snap caps from B-Unique Enterprises gives A-Zoom tough competition for your Gun. The snap caps are completely safe, reliable, and inert. We have listed a few of its features here for you:
- They abide by all the safety standards and are designed only for dry firing.
- They do not break, chip, or flake even after many rounds.
- Their weight, look and feel resemble actual ammunition.
- They are color-coated to make sure that they are never confused with actual ammunition.
- The snap caps also have a white-colored primer that absorbs the firing pin’s impact completely.
- The tips are made with lead.
- These snap caps are ideal for practicing misfire scenarios, defense training drills, weapon function testing, and diagnosing shooting issues.
3. Saf-T-Trainer Pack of 5 Inert 9mm 9x19mm Parabellum NATO Luger Pistol Cartridge
When you look at these snap caps, you will see that they are like no other. This is because they are orange in color. We think they are color-coded so brightly to ensure that they aren’t confused with live ammunition at any given point in time. Pretty smart! Let’s take a look at their features:
- These are perfect for instructional activities, training, and practice.
- They come in packs of 5.
- They are quite affordable, especially when compared with their counterparts.
- They also protect the firing pin from damage.
- They are made of high-impact plastic.
- They are not silent. In fact, they make a sound when they come in contact with the firing pin. Some users actually appreciate this.
- On the downside, a few users have noted that they may not be very durable. They get dented quite soon. Having said that, these snap caps are a great choice to start off with.
4. Tipton Snap Cap Pistol 9mm Luger, 5 Pack
Tipton Snap Caps are among the crowd’s favorites. These are very reliable and affordable at the same time. Let’s see what else sets them apart:
- They are handy and very easy to use.
- They are red in color, making them easily distinguishable.
- They are ideal if you want to check and adjust the trigger pull. You can also use them for safe storage, dry fire drills, and practicing malfunction drills.
- Some users have said that the primer starts flaking after a point due to the impact, but they agree that these are still better than the other choices in their league.
- Even though the manufacturers say that they can be used for dry firing, experts have suggested against it. If your sole purpose is to dry fire, thus, you should look at other options. For adjusting the trigger pull, though, they are perfect!
5. STEELWORK 9mm Luger Stainless Steel Snap Caps (5 Pack)
Allow us to wrap this list up with an Amazon’s Choice product! The STEELWORK 9mm snap caps are among the best, not just according to Amazon but also according to the users. Let’s learn why:
- They made with stainless steel, but they have a rubber core that protects the firing pin.
- The primer is not indented.
- They serve multiple purposes such as practicing safe loading, dry firing and protecting the firing mechanism during storage.
- Their look, feel, and weight is exactly like live ammunition, enabling you to experience live firing without really firing.
- They do not make any noise.
- They are better used with a loader. You can install them by hand as well, but you may need more focus and effort to do it properly.
- They are reasonably priced.
We promised you a detailed list of the best 9mm snap caps, and we hope we delivered. We also hope you purchase the right ones based on your preferences.
If you know of better snap caps or if you feel there are others can be included in the list, please feel free to let us know through Comments.